cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Contact Center SNMP Management service needed?

jolson3197
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to install a SNMP tools in my ICM environment.  In order for me to install my new SNMP client I need to stop the Cisco Contact Center SNMP Management service. 
Would stopping the currently running Cisco Contact Center SNMP Management service cause any conflicts with my ICM environment?

2 Replies 2

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

The short answer is no, but the question is worrying. More information please.

When ICM/CVP is installed, the standard Windows SNMP Agent (service) is disabled and the Cisco one installed in its place. This daemon sends traps out on the wire to any SNMP systems registered as trap receivers. It also allows SNMP GETs and possibly SETs to be received and processed.

Somewhere in your network is the SNMP management platform to which all SNMP agents on ICM/CVP send their traps. This is the portal through which the health of the ICM/CVP system is monitored. Stopping the SNMP agent on a node just halts trap forwarding for a while.

What concerns me is the SNMP tools you are installing. To me this implies that you are installing some sort of SNMP management software on an ICM/CVP system. Is this the case? If so, that would not be advisable.

What is this SNMP tool - a "plug in" to the existing Cisco SNMP agent? That would be OK.

Regards,

Geoff

I have the same problem. We are running ManageEngine to monitor servers state (CPU, memory, up/down...). In order to monitor, we have to enable SNMP service in this Rogger server. But the "Cisco Contact Center SNMP Management service" need to be stop also. We are confused that may this one can be stop?

many  thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: