UC520 - incoming calls to blast groups are not forwarded

Unanswered Question

Our client has a UC520 and 20 DDI's for incoming calls. Three of the DDI's are assigned to blast groups and the others go users extentions. Incoming calls to the user extensions go to voicemail but i have a problem with the blast groups. The groups are set to forward to one of the extensions within the group, which in turn is set to go to voicemail. This was working when the UC520 was installed. THe only major change has been the setup of Extension Mobility for meeting room phones but none of these are in any of the groups. Does anyone have any ideas to point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
aapexisinc Fri, 01/08/2010 - 17:51
User Badges:

I have the same issue with a new UC540 setup where an incoming FXO port call is supposed to ring a 5-phone blast group, then go to voicemail if not anwered in the timeout period.  However, the call is not forwarded to voicemail; it appears to timeout on the blast group, then revert back to the phone company ringing the line and ends up in a phone company voice mail desitination.

Steven Smith Mon, 01/11/2010 - 09:42
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

Can you post your config?  Be sure to remove passwords and other data you do not want included.

aapexisinc Mon, 01/11/2010 - 10:45
User Badges:

Thanks for the reply Steve, but I found the answer to the problem in another thread: the ephone-dn's must have a longer timeout than the blast group.  Once that is corrected, it works properly.  It should be noted that there does not appear to be a way in cca to change the ephone-dn timout; it must be done through CLI.

ronlewis Mon, 01/11/2010 - 11:57
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Thanks for getting back to us on this issue. I will talk to the CCA folks about this to see if we can make more clear or easier to handle in an upcoming release.

Ron Lewis

Cisco

Steven Smith Mon, 01/11/2010 - 15:42
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

It can be done in CCA.  On the User Extensions page, you can click on the phone, and on the DN in question, and it will show the timeout in the lower right corner.  I agree that CCA should give a warning when this config isn't what you were expecting.

Actions

This Discussion