Views
Helpful
Replies

Fast busy when using IPC to start an ad-hoc conference call

Michael Murray
Level 2
Level 2

CUCM 7.1(3) and IPC 7.0.3.0

When I call from my IPC client to another IPC user and try to initiate an ad hoc conference call I get wave off (fast busy). This also happens when I call our MeetingPlace Express bridge number. I'm guessing this is a codec issue since the bridges use G.711 and IPC is using iLBC. If this is the case would IPC just renegotiate the codec? Or am I missing something else? The bridges work fine when called from an on-net desk phone.

2 Replies 2

Michael Murray
Level 2
Level 2

Figured it out:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5475/products_tech_note09186a008026d36f.shtml

"Note: When you use Optimize for low bandwidth, it is difficult to connect to some applications that use a different codec other than G.729. For example, Cisco Conference Connection can only use G.711 codec, thus Cisco IP Communicator is unable to dial a MeetMe Conference number."

I also didn't have any G.729 audio ports configured on MeetingPlace Expess. They were all G.711. System Configuration > Meeting Configuration > G.729 ports (cost per port: 5 SRUs)

Hi Michael,

Thanks for posting up your solution here

Very kind my friend! (+5)

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: