Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Convert 7912 SIP phone to SCCP for CME

Hi Guys,

I have a few 7912 that I used to use in a sip environnement with asterisk(lab environnment only). I want to convert these sip phone to sccp to be able to use them with CME. The CME router is running cme 4.0 and Cisco ip communicator is working fine on it. What is the process to convert these phones to sccp? Do I need to do this via the cme with a particular command? Can I reset these 7912 to factory default?

Thanks,

Ernest

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Most likely you will need to that manually. For this, you need the 7912 utilities zipfile, pre

pare a .txt, convert to binary format with the utility, use TFTP server to give it to the phone.

Of course you will also need the SCCP firmware.

7912 utilities zipfile? Is that a new image that I need to download ? If so what is the exactly name for this file? I already download and upload the SCCP fine into the CME router. As the phone as sip firmwaer, they cannot register with the cme.

Thanks,

Jean Paul,

You might get lucky and be able to use this procedure:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeinstl.html#wp1066456

I've used it on several different models, but never a 7912 - you will still need the proper files on the CME.

Good Luck!

Art

7902_05_12tools.zip

in "tools and utilities" for 7912.

Or try what Art suggested...

Already tried Art suggestion a while ago, it didn't as my CME lap router does not have sip proprile enable. I think I have to go manually with the tool.zip.

Thanks guys for your help,

Ernest

You would configure a sip phone just for the purpose of register it, then trick it into upgrading to a SCCP

image.

May or may not work, the tools are a longer process but 100% sure.

Please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the stars below.

Hey Guys,

I have downloaded the 7902_05_12tools, and put it in my c: dirve. I opened up my command prompt and navigate to the file directory.

C:\misstools\window>

When got there I typed, the following command:

C:\misstools\window> cfgfmt CP7912080001SIP060412A.sbin gkdefault..cfg

The command prompt returned the following error message: CAN'T OPEN CP7912080001SIP060412A. I have tried with and without the extension with no luck. I also tried to replace the SIP file by the SCCP file.

Is there something I miss?

Thanks,

Yes, please read the documentation, you prepare a configuration text file, then convert with the utility. This file is donloaded by the phone at boot.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: