Views
Helpful
Replies

two cme

kingofshadows86
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

I have one CME support 48 IP phones and I want to extended without replace it with higher one, I buy another CME same model number support 48 IP phone, what I did is split the phone line to two one going to old one and the other going to new one, when some one call both CME will ring, but what I need is how can I transfer the extinction 1111 on old one to 1222 to new one if both connect through UTP cable.

regards

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Recommend or not all depend on your particular scenario. It is quite normal to share one or more PSTN gateways in an enterprise environment.

You have one small site and are using POTS lines for PSTN connection. How many lines do you have? It may not have enouogh capacity to handle incoming and outgoing calls for more than one CME.

Here is a link you can use for connecting multiple CME's http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/srnd/design/guide/multcme.html

Hope this is helpful.

Chuan

View solution in original post

Hi,

You can reach me at larry@turnstone.net.nz.

Good luck.

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Splitting extensions over two systems is a very bad design, that is not going to work well, will give you many problems and limitations.

Consequently, you have to buy the bigger router.

kingofshadows86
Level 1
Level 1

-

kingofshadows86
Level 1
Level 1

thank you for reply.

do you know any thing about CME business edition?

You probably mean CUCMBE.

It is not convenient compared to CME. It costs more, and have less features. It also requires a server while CME does not.

Please rember to rate useful posts clicking on the stars below.

last Q

what do you think if I let the new CME go through old CME for using PSTN is it possible to do it

regards

As mentioned above, it is a bad solution and you should replace the router instead.

Yes, you can.

The old CME is connected to the PSTN, The new one connects to the old via Ethernet. You can use either SIP or H323 between the 2 CME. I have been using such a setup for 2 years. The only drawback is that you are administrating 2 systems instead of one.

Larry

Regards.

Hi Muhammad,

I cannot see your email address. Mine is in my profile.

What PSTN connections do you have?

In summary, it works in this way:

1. on old cme, use an outgoing voip dial-peer to direct incoming calls to new cme;

2. on the new, use an incoming voip dial-peer to receive the call and link to the ephone-dn and ephones;

3. for outgoing call from the new, use an outgoing voip dial-peer on the new to direct calls to the old cme;

4.do ext.-- ddi translations on the old cme for both incoming calls from pstn and outgoing calls to pstn.

Cheers.

Larry

hi,

I have normal PSTN which I use FXO module, when I use this is it stable not causing any problem.

from you experience do you recommend this or not.

this my e-mail waref86@windowslive.com

regards

Hi,

Recommend or not all depend on your particular scenario. It is quite normal to share one or more PSTN gateways in an enterprise environment.

You have one small site and are using POTS lines for PSTN connection. How many lines do you have? It may not have enouogh capacity to handle incoming and outgoing calls for more than one CME.

Here is a link you can use for connecting multiple CME's http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/srnd/design/guide/multcme.html

Hope this is helpful.

Chuan

hi,

it is really helpful thank you very much for you assistance, I will read the document carefully.

for How many lines do you have? they have 8 lines and they installed 2821 and they will buy another one same model. my be in future they will extend they phone lines if that is necessary.

I have attach you a scenario which I will apply it, if you have any suggestion please go ahead. I have explain little bit about scenario.

can you please give me you e-mail so I can contact you in future.

thank you again

regards.

Hi,

You can reach me at larry@turnstone.net.nz.

Good luck.

kingofshadows86
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

thank you for reply mr. Chuan

This will not cause any problem

can you provide me sample of configuration if you do not mind.

can you give me you e-mail so I can communicate with you.

regards

For ISR G2 2901, the maximum registration phones is 35? Can it extend the numbers to over 35 phones with another ISR or G2?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: