cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is CP-PWR-CUBE-4= compatible with the 7900 series phones?

John Platts
Level 4
Level 4

I have noticed that Cisco has released a new version of the power cube, the CP-PWR-CUBE-4=. Is the CP-PWR-CUBE-4= power cube compatible with the 7900 and 6900 series phones?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ronlewis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No this power cube is for the new 8900/9900 phones, compatable with Communications Manager. The power tip is different size, won't fit in other phones.

Ron Lewis

Cisco

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

ronlewis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No this power cube is for the new 8900/9900 phones, compatable with Communications Manager. The power tip is different size, won't fit in other phones.

Ron Lewis

Cisco

Thank you for giving me the answer to whether or not the CP-PWR-CUBE-4= will work on the 7900 series phones. I do know that the CP-PWR-CUBE-3= has replaced the CP-PWR-CUBE-2= and CP-PWR-CUBE=, and that a CP-PWR-CUBE-3= can be used on the phones supporting the CP-PWR-CUBE-2= and CP-PWR-CUBE=. However, the CP-PWR-CUBE-3= should always be used on newer 7900 series models, such as the 7945G, 7965G, 7975G.

Try a PWR-INJ3.  This is compatible with almost any phones and wireless access points.

CP-PWR-CUBE4 is not for all 8900 phones, just for the 8961. Lower models use CUBE3.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: