Unable to zoom streaming video in SWVMS from a WVC210.

Answered Question
Dec 20th, 2009

Hi,

I have a WVC210v1 (Firmware V1.1.0) camera & SWVMS16 v1.2.0.9166. According the data sheet of WVC210 it has 2x digital zoom. In the SWVMS16 main console when I select the Video Stream from the camera and try to use the PTZ controls, the zoom in/out buttons are not active.

Can anybody tell me if zooming a video stream from WVC210 inSWVMS16 is possible or not, if this is a possible feature then how can we accomplish the same?

Thanks & Best Regards,

Deepinder Singh

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by mpyhala about 4 years 4 months ago

I have tested this and found the same result. Zooming is possible when viewing in Internet Explorer and also when viewing recorded video. Watching the live stream in SWVMS16, the zoom buttons are grayed out. I did not find a way to enable the buttons.

Average Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
mpyhala Sun, 12/20/2009 - 04:27

I have tested this and found the same result. Zooming is possible when viewing in Internet Explorer and also when viewing recorded video. Watching the live stream in SWVMS16, the zoom buttons are grayed out. I did not find a way to enable the buttons.

deepinder.s Sun, 12/20/2009 - 05:14

Hi "mpyhala",

Thanks a lot for your reply. Can you please let me know if this is the same with other (WVC/VC) cameras .

Thanks & Best Regards,

Deepinder Singh Babbar

mpyhala Mon, 12/21/2009 - 03:43

I have tested the WVC210, WVC2300 and the PVC2300 individually and simultaneously. The zoom buttons are grayed out with all three cameras. I do not have access to a PVC300 at this time.

stevenvfox Thu, 06/10/2010 - 10:41

Does anyone have a fix for this yet?  I just installed the WVC210 for my company and realized that the zooming functionality doesn't work in SWVMS.  I can zoom from the camera's webpage, but it doesn't transfer the zoomed image to the monitoring software.  We have a bunch of the WVC200 from Linksys and the monitoring software provided with those cameras allows you to zoom.  I haven't yet tried installing the WVC210 with the Linksys monitoring software to see if that allows for zooming.

streaves Thu, 06/23/2011 - 12:20

Engineering is reviewing this issue. In the meantime, recommend you open a case with the Small Business Support Center. The US Center is available 24/7. You’ll find a list of international phone numbers here:

www.cisco.com/go/sbsc.

Thanks,

Stephanie Reaves

Cisco Small Business

emoyers Thu, 06/23/2011 - 12:54

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center.

First lets make sure that we are talking the same software. When you says SWVMS are speaking about the old Linksys version with Linksys still on the screen or the newer CIsco branded software? It will say CIsco in the upper left hand corner.

I will answer this from the perspective that it is the Cisco one. From the main screen, If you click on the video of the WVC210 it should highlight around it in green. At that point the pan/tilt buttons should turn black and you will be able to move the camera.

For the Zoom buttons to work, since this is a digital zoom you will need to right click the WVC210 video, click enable digital zoom and then the zoom buttons will work.

If you need help with the older software reply back and let me know and I will look at that also.

Eric Moyers

Cisco Network Support Engineer

1-866-606-1866 Eric Moyers
Cisco Network Support Engineer
1-866-606-1866

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted December 20, 2009 at 3:53 AM
Stats:
Replies:6 Avg. Rating:5
Views:2423 Votes:0