Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem routing to internet with RV042 Dual WAN Router

drjarminhk
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All

I have installed an RV042 Dual Wan router with 2 DSL links using PPPoE.

It works - but only sometimes.

I have 4 PC's connected to a 24 port switch which connects to the RV042 which in turn has each WAN port connected to a DSL router as provided by my ISP.

When I fire up any of the PC's they sometimes just won't be able to surf the net (or to ping the default gateway - the RV042).

Also, they may drop the connection during the day.  A reboot sometimes, but not always solves the problem. I can ping all other machines on the network so the switch is working.

Sometimes when a PC can't get internet traffic, pinging the RV042 seems to 'wake it up' and the browser starts to work.

Tried it with Win XP & Win 7 machines using Chrome and Windows Explorer 7. I have upgraded the firmware on the router to the latest version.  The RV042 is only a week old. It is set to load balancing mode.

Can anyone help? I didn't have any issues before installing this kit but can't figure out how to diagnose this intermittent issue.

Thanks!!!

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You may want to contact linksys technical support and be insisting.

IMHU their products may be OK as consumer-grade use but never have the reliability, features and support needed for professional use, for which one has to use true Cisco or leading competitors in some case.

Er, this is only for home (consumer) use.

Can't seem to get support from Linksys as their support webpage insists I register the product, but the product is not in their list of model numbers.

Starting to really wonder about this company and their products. 

They don't work and support is not easily obtainable....

Great.

Sorry to hear your trouble

If Linksys doesn't listen to you, just return it for a refund and you will be right in expressing your critics.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card