cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade from NAC release 4.1(3) to release 4.7(1)

hebaelshahat
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We have two CAM and two CAS appliances. Both pair of them are working in High availability mode.
We need to upgrade them from version 4.1(3) to version 4.7(1) so, as i read, we should upgrade them to 4.7(0) first before upgrading to 4.7(1).
Now, i'd like to know how can i upgrade from 4.1(3) to 4.7(0)? Is this done by the same steps of the upgrading from 4.7(0) to 4.7(1) by inserting a CD into the CAS and CAM and then continue the upgrade steps?

Also, I'd like to know if the configuration on the existing version (4.1(3)) will be lost after the upgrade or not?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Heba

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Heba,

4.7.0 and 4.7.1 both require CD installs, that is, you will have to put the CD of 4.7.0 first, reboot and get that going.

Once it's on 4.7.0, you will have to put in the CD of 4.7.1 and do the same.

Both the upgrades will give you the option of upgrade, and when you choose that, you won't lose your databaes or settings.

HTH,

Faisal

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Faisal Sehbai
Level 7
Level 7

Heba,

You can go to 4.7.1 by going to 4.5, 4.6, or 4.7 first, so best option for you would be to upgrade to 4.6 or 4.5 (since they don't require a CD install, but just uploading the packages and then doing the upgrade) and then to use the CD to go to 4.7.1

When you boot from the CD after rebooting cleanly (using the shutdown -r now command) you will get an option to upgrade. This option will retain all the settings, so you don't have to start afresh.

Also make sure that the 4.7.1 CD that you burn is done at the slowest possible speed (recommended 4X or 6X), since doing it at a faster speed can result in a corrupted CD and hence a failed upgrade.

G'luck!

Faisal

Thanks Faisal for your reply, i already have NAC version 4.7(0) and ver 4.7(1) so, i'll upgrade from ver 4.1(3) to 4.7(0) then from 4.7(0) to 4.7(1).

Should i use a CD to go to 4.7(0)? and what do you recommend to do during the upgrade to prevent all the configuration that's in 4.1(3) from being lost.

Regards,

Heba

Heba,

4.7.0 and 4.7.1 both require CD installs, that is, you will have to put the CD of 4.7.0 first, reboot and get that going.

Once it's on 4.7.0, you will have to put in the CD of 4.7.1 and do the same.

Both the upgrades will give you the option of upgrade, and when you choose that, you won't lose your databaes or settings.

HTH,

Faisal

hi faisal,

thanks for your help

we have done it successfully and we have issued new certificate for our CAM and CAS servers but we have the following warning message on all CAMs and CASs Servers:

Warning: The current Trusted Certificate Authority 'www.perfigo.com' is suited for lab environments only. Cisco recommends importing a third-party Certificate Authority. Please check your Clean Access Manager(s) and standby Clean Access Server for similar messages.

so can you help us in that.

Thanks

Heba

Heba,

If your new certs are working fine and CAM/CAS communication is working, then all you need to do to get rid of that message is to delete the Perfigo root cert from the trusted root stores of your CAM and CAS. That message will get displayed if you have the Perfigo root cert in your trusted root stores.

To get to those stores, just click on your SSL tab, and the second tab is for the Trusted Root Certificates. Find the perfigo one, and delete it.

If you're still using perfigo certs though, then don't delete them, otherwise your CAS/CAM communication will break down.

HTH,

Faisal

Faisal,

Thanks alot for your cooperation, message is disappeared after deleting the Perfigo root cert. Our second step is the integration between NAC and active directory on windows 2008, so we'll consult you if we faced any problems

BR,

Heba

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: