Internet connection

Unanswered Question
Dec 20th, 2009

Hi friends,

I want to connect to head office LAN through INTERNET no lease line ,we are setting up a new branch office,what approach i have to ask for ISP and how can i do that.???.there is no firewall purchase for my branch office only a router which was in spare.  In my head office ISA server is acting as a firewall.

what type of internet connection (means a ADSL or a public IP or fixed private IP) i shld ask to ISP,and how i can setup such connection,Any document or link that will help to understand the setup.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Paolo Bevilacqua Sun, 12/20/2009 - 12:51

There is no document that can help you.

The more you spend, the faster service you get. So, just get what fits your budget.

In any case, since you are the end-user and have not networking knowledge, you will need to engage a certified cisco partner, or reputable consultant to choose, configure and maintain your network devices.

Jonathan Marchand Sun, 12/20/2009 - 17:31

Hello,

It all depends on how many users you have at the branch, what type of applications they use and the type of hardware you already have in place.

Something that might work is an VPN from your branch office to your HeadOffice, all traffic from the branch office would go over the Internet but encrypted by the VPN.

You should also look at ISPs who could provide you with an MPLS VPN solution, where each of your sites would be connected using Internet connections (ADSL for example) with a VPN maintained by the ISP.

Actions

This Discussion