Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing calls via skype without country codes

johnroche_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Is there a way to route calls via skype trunk without entering the country code.

I am using the Irish number plan.

Normally (via PSTN) to dial a dublin number I call the area code 01 and up to 7 digits.

However to route a call via skype trunk I need to enter 00 353 1 and up to 7 digits.

John

6 Replies 6

Maulik Shah
Level 5
Level 5

Assume you are using the National calls in the Ireland dialplan template which is 01 + 7 digits - CCA is setup to route these calls as you state below - if these calls are failing it maybe a Skype requirement to always send country code for national calls - have you checked with Skype?

Skype does require the country code to be entered.

Other PABX's have the facility to prefix digits without the user knowing.

For the SIP trunk to be used effectively as a least cost route it needs to be seemless to the user, i.e the user should not need to remember to dial additional digits.

So is there a way I can perform some digit manipulation on dialed digits to route out the Sip trunk.

For example if user dials national number 01 626 6666

If the first priority is to SIP trunk this need to be manipulated to 00 353 1 626 6666

If the SIP trunk is down or out of channels then 01 626 6666 needs to be sent to the next priority route.

John

Are you using CCA for this?  It can't be done in CCA.  It can be done in CLI with translation rules.  You can prefix digits on dial peers as well. 

I know it cant be done in CCA, it would be a nice feature though.

Can dial peers be modified CLI just for calls via the SIP trunk?

Hi Steven,

Can the translation profiles be configured just for the the sip trunk?

john

Sorry, I missed this one earlier.  The answer is yes and no.  There isn't a translation pattern that can be directly applied to all calls along sip trunks.  There are translation rules that can apply to all calls, and those that apply to dial-peers (which are usually used).

If you apply the translation rules to all dial-peers that use sip trunks, then the answer is yes.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: