Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA921 won't boot up

markusbalsiger
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

i just baught a used spa921. i experience the exact same problem as described here: http://forums.linksysbycisco.com/linksys/board/message?board.id=VoIP_Phones&thread.id=6221

does anyone have a solution for that problem? all i get to see is the welcome-screen. i tried pluging in the ac and out again, the rj45... everything. it just blinks on startup for half a second and that's it.

so that's what my voip-phone looks like at the moment: http://www.voxhub.com/voip/pages/images/products/linksys921_large.jpg ;)

thank you

greetings markus

9 Replies 9

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Sir;

Which switch are you connecting the SPA942? Please let me know.

When you press the menu putton, do you get to the menu options? If so, please go and disable CDP.

Regards
Alberto

Hi Mr. Montilla

thank you very much for your quick answer.

i don't get to the menu by pressing the menubutton. actually no matter what button i press, nothing happens. i tried connecting the phone directly to my isp's router (cablecom, i think its a branded cisco cablemodem, but i'm not sure). i also tried to connect it to my laptop running a dhcp server (dnsmasq), but the phone won't request an ip (ok, that might be a settings problem). a strange fact i'm not yet sure about is that the network-device of the phone doesn't seem to work. at least my laptop doesn't recognize any connected cable (which i allready exchanged to ensure it's not a broken cable).

is it possible to reset the phone in this state?

greetings and thank you

markus

[edit]

ah and: it's a 921. but it seems i have excatly the same problem as the person with the spa921 in the other thread

[edit2]

some more information: i monitored the traffic from the spa921 to my laptop. not a single packet during 3 minutes. and: first all leds light up, after that only the mute (red), and then the headphone and speaker. at the end, all are out and i see "Linksys - A Division of Cisco-Systems, Inc."

Dear Sir;

Thanks for the explanation. I'll provide you (dont have it yet in my hands) a recovery utility to see if it reacts to it. If so, just recover and then upgrade to latest. If not, then I suggest you call the Small Business Support Center for an RMA.

Regards
Alberto

Hello Mr. Montilla

thank you very much so far, great support!

greetings markus

Dear Sir;

Please find it attached. If it does not gets the unit back to operational, please call the Small Business Support Center for a RMA.

Regards
Alberto

markusbalsiger
Level 1
Level 1

i didn't work... the ethernet link is not established, so no ip - no recovery. do you see any other reason why this could happen?

greetings markus

Dear sir;

If unit is properly powered, it is either the ethernet cable not properly connected or a faulty unit.

Regards
Alberto

pdwgroup195122
Level 1
Level 1

I do have the exact same problem with the SPA941 model.

One day it turned off by itself and is now stuck at the boot time on the "Linksys. Division of Cisco Systems Inc." display message with no led blinking at all and not progressing any further with or without ETH cable attached. Tried other power modules (since wi have 10+ such devices) with no result.

I am having the exact same issue and could realy use some help with this matter. Could someone please

advise on how to fix this issue?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: