cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

508g + 500s

stephen
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking at purchasing these 2 devices but cannot see a base unit to physically connect them together like what happens on the 796x and the 791x.

Can anyone tell me how these 2 devices link together?

Thanks

7 Replies 7

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

The 500s connects with an RJ11 to the back of the 508, it goes behind where the 508 stand is.  Remove that part of the 508 and you will see how these connect together.  All the parts you need should come with the 500s. 

Ok Thanks. I just wanted to confirm that all the parts came with the 500s and that I didn't need to purchase a 3rd seperate device like with the 7965 + 7914.

This is correct, the SPA500S has a stand alone stand, so it is seperate minus short cord to the base phone.

Ron Lewis

Cisco

Sorry Ron, now i'm confused. I thought people were saying the 500s comes with everything needed to attach to the 508g.

Do I need to purchase a seperate base unit, and if so, what is the SKU?

sorry if my answer did not make sense, no you dont need anything seperate....I was just confirming that the SPA500S comes with it's own stand which holds it up next to the SPA phone except for a cable between the two...

Ron Lewis

Cisco

thanks Ron. sorry i misunderstood

It also comes with a small bracket that screws into the back of the 500S and the SPA500 series phone too....  :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: