Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with forward on CTI failure by using a CTI Route Point

Hello to everyone,

Let me explain you the issue. I´ve a ARC server for monitoring and call management, in this project I´ve 8 agents using this system.

The problem is the following, I´ve configured a failover in case of the server is down. This failover consists simply in a hunt pilot (4XXXX) compound by the 8 phones.

The call flow is a translation pattern (5XXXX, necessary for internal users) which translate to the CTI port (3XXXX) for this connection, on the CTI port I´ve a forward on CTI failure and no coverage internal and external to the hunt pilot (4XXXX), for testing I disconnect the cable of the server, so the CTI port was unregistered, I called to the TP the call was translated but dropped by the CTI port, my solution works fine when the CTI is registered.

I don´t know if there is any bug related to my version CCM 5.1.3. The question is why the call is not forwarded to the hunt pilot when the CTI Port is down if I have a forward on CTI failure?

I´ve checked CCO and Cisco tells that this option is only fr external calls and the option with forward no coverage for internal calls.

I don´t have any idea why this simple solution it´s not working? 

Thanks a lot to everyone for your help and comments

Regards,

Pablo.

11 Replies 11

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

If I`m reading your fault correctly, The CTI forwarding is not how you think it is, the CTI failure, No coverage is for a call being sent

to a "registered" Application but the application fails to answer in a certain time- The actual description is in the "Trouble Shooting CUCM" book. You also need "CF NOT REGISTERED" as when the server is down it becomes unavailable

Change the service parameter "DisableAlertingPI" to True.

MK

I looked at that settng but it seems to be for MGCP GW and ISDN lines - https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-5563/diff;jsessionid=4EE12F46954BD0466439D8377853E814.node0?secondVersionNumber=4

How would you use it for the CTI issue?

thanks

Hello,

Thank you for your answer but that´s not the problem, I only comment forward no coverage (internal-external) as additional information.

The question is why is not working the forward on CTI failure when the CTI Port is unregistered?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

Pablo,

Your set up should work as I`ve also used an ARC server with failover to the internal web attendant when the server is down or the CTI application/ ARC is not responding. You mention CTI failure but have you also added the "Forward Not Registered Internal, External" to point your hunt group?

Hello iptuser55

Thanks again mate,

I´m using UCCM version 5.1.3

If I´ve understood you well, under call forward and call pickup settings I don´t have a forward not registered (internal-external) option. This is what I´m looking for :-)

Please, can you tell me the configuration steps you are talking about?

Many thanks,

Regards

Pablo.

From your CTI Route point, click on the associated information - i.e the DN you configured as the CTI RP. In this page, see attached, you should have the call forward settings for the CTI PORT- Call Forward No Ring, Busy CTI Failure etc at the bottom you will see the Not Registered- it is the same page as for normal DN`s

Hopefully that should work , make sure the CSS for the CF setting can see your Hunt Pilot

Hello,

In my version 5.1.3 I don´t have those options. See attached

What is your CCM version?

Thanks

Regards

Yours is 5.1.3 which is based upon 4.1.x I`ve used 4.2, 4.3 and 6.x which does have Not Registered. To overcome this you need to implement a feature which was used for IPMA failover where you make use of equal match DN`s, Translation Patterns but with different Partitions in the same CSS. If you remember the order of partitions can also be used in CSS where there is an exact mach to route calls  e.g CTI RP of  5123 has a Partition of PT_ARC  but there is an overflow to a hunt group also 5123 with has a Partition of PT-DIVERT

Place both Partitions   in the same CSS but MAKE SURE the the destination you want to call to go as first choice is always higher in the order in the CSS configuration. In  your  case the CSS is the one you assign to your original Translation pattern which routes to the ARC CTI RP

Original CSS called ARC

Partitions   1st choice PT_ARC

2nd Choice PT_DIVERT

When you call 5123, there is an equal match for CTI RP and a Hunt Group however since the CTI RP partition is higher in the CSS  then PT_DIVERT then this always be used however if this is not available then it uses the 2nd choice PT_DIVERT - your hunt group

See URL    page 169 of 484               http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/5_1_3/ccmsys/accm.pdf

test it and let me know

Hi,

At the moment I can´t test it until the end of Xmas

I think that your solution is very good.

I´ll tell you something in January.

Thank you very much for your help, really appreciated and merry Xmas.

Pablo.

Hello,

At the end I´ve implemented a variation of IPMA solution and it´s working perfectly.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: