Views
Helpful
Replies

Two logins on Call Manager

Alex Pfeil
Level 7
Level 7

We have the following issue:

When I login to Call Manager, you get prompted for a username and password.  Then Java prompts you for a username and password as well.

I would like to set this up to have just one login.

I was thinking that this was an IIS issue.

The callmanager is also in a different domain. For example:

school.edu -  me

school.voip.edu -  callmanager

One example that I already thought of is to disable IIS authentication and just use the java.  Is this secure?  I just need some guidance.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Alex

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I am assuming you are on CCM version 4x and the general guidance there is that the JRE requires the secondary install and you can click "Remember Password".  This is technically considered a "risk" but it also doesn't always work depending on your IE settings.

I believe the other thing you can do if you're using IE is you can disable the secondary login.  You have to turn it off in Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > Java > Uncheck the "Use Java...." box.  You have to close all IE sessions and restart.  I believe this was added to the documentation starting in version 4.2 of CCM.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I am assuming you are on CCM version 4x and the general guidance there is that the JRE requires the secondary install and you can click "Remember Password".  This is technically considered a "risk" but it also doesn't always work depending on your IE settings.

I believe the other thing you can do if you're using IE is you can disable the secondary login.  You have to turn it off in Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > Java > Uncheck the "Use Java...." box.  You have to close all IE sessions and restart.  I believe this was added to the documentation starting in version 4.2 of CCM.