Views
Helpful
Replies

Content Switch Load Balancing and Failover Groups

adancso
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to configure a CSS11501 with two webserver failover groups but I could not find a solution searching through the documentation.

There are two web server groups and each group has three servers.

Group1: WWW1, WWW2, WWW3

Group2: WWW4, WWW5, WWW6

Group1 should be preferred and requests should be load-balanced between WWW1-3 servers. If there are no servers available in Group1 the same load balancing should work for Group2.

Is it possible to implement this two-tiered scenario on a CSS?

Thanks,

Attila

1 Reply 1

busterswt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Attila,

There's no direct method that I know of that will do what you're wanting to do. However, you might try implementing one primary VIP with www1,www2, and www3 as services, with a redirect service as the primarySorryServer. With that redirect service you could redirect the clients to another VIP containing www4, www5 and www6. The redirect sorryserver would only be invoked if *all three* of the first webservers were down or suspended. Once any one of them becomes available then traffic will no longer be sent to the "failover" VIP via the redirect.

James

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: