Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can coexist CWLMS and Access Control?

Hi !!

I have installed CWLMS 3.1 under solaris 9.

The security area team of the company is advancing in a project for security in UNIX servers, in order to prevent attacks.
The selected tool for this purpose is Access Control by CA. The idea is to secure all the servers CiscoWorks by means of the installation and configuration of an agent.
You´ll find attached the documents regarding this tool.
It is possible to install this agent and keep the support of this system?

thanks very much!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There is no documentation from Cisco regarding coexistence because we cannot test every third party piece of software out there to make sure it works with LMS.  It isn't to say we won't support LMS on a server with this agent installed, but we cannot guarantee there will not be problems.  The best recommendation I can give is that you try some tasks in LMS before installing it to get an idea of how things are working currently.  Then, after installation, try the same tasks again, and verify they work.  If they fail, then certain features may need to be disabled to allow LMS to work.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you summarize exactly what this agent does, and what features you are planning to implement?  I can say that we never tested LMS with this agent, so I cannot comment for certain as to whether or not it will cause any problems.

At the moment I don´t know exactly the features to implement. I hope to meet the people of SI to get more details about the Access control.

However, first I would like to know if there is any documentation of CiscoWorks mentioning that only is recommended the SO and CW installation to run the total support by means of Cisco TAC.
I have read some time ago this constrain in previous versions of CW (for example in 2.2)

thanks very much!!

There is no documentation from Cisco regarding coexistence because we cannot test every third party piece of software out there to make sure it works with LMS.  It isn't to say we won't support LMS on a server with this agent installed, but we cannot guarantee there will not be problems.  The best recommendation I can give is that you try some tasks in LMS before installing it to get an idea of how things are working currently.  Then, after installation, try the same tasks again, and verify they work.  If they fail, then certain features may need to be disabled to allow LMS to work.

thanks very much for your recommendation!

best regards!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: