cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7916 expansion modules

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Anyone know if there is still a limit when you have (2) Expansion modules on a 79xx phone.  I know in

earlier releases of this device, you could only get to 48 lines or something odd like that.

The stats say 54 lines:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/phones/ps379/data_sheet_c78-468673.html

But I know the last time I had a 7965+7916+7916  I think I only could get 48 lines, but I should be able to get 54.

Anyone know this?

Thanks!

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Tommer

There's a little confusion there, the tables do not mention "lines" they mention "buttons"

AFAIK you should only get 42 lines with 7.X.

I believe the new CUCM will have support for having all buttons each one with their line.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Ok, so its still the same..  42 lines or speed dials or

BLFs on the phone with (2) 7916s.

On CUCM 8, they may change this?

Thanks Java!!

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey TCAT,

Here are the details for this issue. This has been fixed in CUCM 7.1(3) versions with the 8.5(3) firmware, but no other versions.

Cisco Unified Communications Manager 4.2(3)SR3a, 4.3(2), 5.1(3)b, and 6.1(1), 7.0 and 7.1

Total Number of Buttons Supported

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7965G = 42

Cisco Unified Communications Manager 7.1(3) / Cisco IP Phone Firmware 8.5(3) and later

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7965G = 54

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express 4.3 and later

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7965G = 54

From this 7916 Data Sheet;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/phones/ps379/data_sheet_c78-468673.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

well, there are two answers, so someone must be right.   I'll take Java on this one until I have a chance to build this out next month. I was hoping to have it confirmed.

The stat sheets says on thing, but a reality check is likely needed.

Thanks Huff

Hi there,

I just got the second page to work on the 7916.  We are running 7.1(3b) with the latest phone loads on both the phone and the modules.  It didn't look like it was going to work at first but then I read the instructions.  You have to change the phone button template.  

Kristine

Ok, so I logged into my 7.1.3 cluster and built out 54 lines, or it is possible with the Phone Template for 7965.

I logged into the 6.1.4 cluster and saw you could only do 42 lines on the phone template for the 7965.

So looks like its fixed now.

Cheers!

Hi TCAT,

Thanks for posting back with your results buddy! +5 points

for this excellent follow-up

Happy Holidays!

Huff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: