I am trying to install a certificate from a 3rd party root CA (Thawte).I'm using the SSLutil.pl script as instructed here. For some reason the utility doesn't seem to recognize my .crt file. Here is what I get:
You have the following options
1. Display CiscoWorks Server Certificate Information
2. Display the input Certificate Information
3. Display Root CA Certificates trusted by CiscoWorks Server
4. Verify the input Certificate/ Certificate Chain
5. Upload Single Server Certificate to CiscoWorks Server
6. Upload a Certificate Chain to CiscoWorks Server
7. Modify Common Services Certificate
Enter your choice [1-8]:4
Enter the location of the Signed Server Certificate: c:\cert\cw.net.real.com.crt
ERROR: Invalid File or Location
ERROR: Please Enter the absolute path of the file
I've tried moving the cert to the root directory, putting it in the Apache directory, specifying only the directory without the file name, renaming the file, etc.- all to no avail. Am I missing something simple?
If the cert is already in the proper format, just copy it and its private key to NMSROOT/MDC/Apache/conf/ssl, and rename them as server.crt and server.key respectively. Then restart Daemon Manager. You should then see Apache use the desired CA-signed cert.