Replies

Question about Call manager

jacky.wuzt
Level 1
Level 1

Question about Call manager

My company use Call Manager 4.0.

I am a beginner of Call Manager.

In the before, all employees have their own external phone numbers.

Due to more and more employee onbard, there is not enough external phone number left. Therefore, I perfer creating as many internal phone numbers as

I wish. Just use the Main number as the external line number.

What shall I do, step by step?

Thanks very much!

4 Replies 4

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Jacky,

I don't know how in depth you want this to be.  In reality, it's pretty straightforward.  If you need me to elaborate on something specific,  please let me know.  First off, my assumption is that you are using abbreviated dialing.  At the most basic level, you could simply designate a range of numbers outside of your DID range and configure them as "private" numbers in the CUCM and assign them as lines in the same partition as you normally would.  So, if you own 1000-1999 and use 4-digit internal assignments and dialing, then you might choose numbers starting at 2000 to be private.  From there you just configure the external calling party mask to be the main number for your company.  If you are using a 10-digit dial plan, that can be accomodated as well - you just need to use a private numbering scheme based on the NANP.  Let me know if you have questions.

Hailey

Do you mean to do everything in this way as follow?

1. Go to Route Plan > Translation Pattern

2. Add a new Translation Pattern

3. Fill in the Translation Pattern info (internal number)

4. Fill in the Calling Party Transform Mask info (Main line external number)

Is it correct?

No.  You do need to consider translation pattern for the private extension.  How you do it depends on what you are doing in the backend...if you have a 10-digit dial plan on the backend then you might have 2XXX as a translation with called party set to 10-digit (2121092XXX --> private based on NANPA).

In any case, you wouldn't need to set the transform mask on the translation pattern to the main line number.  You would set it as the Calling Line ID at the Line Level.  So, External Phone Mask on the actual line when you configure it and add it to the phone.

Make sense?

Hi There,

You will just need to create a internal extension or bank of extensions that are not overlapped with current extensions.  I.E. your DID's are 1000-2000 then use 5000-6000 for internal extensions.  This is just an example.

When creating the extension for the internal extension you will have to set the external phone mask on this line to the main number i.e 800-414-1234 then all outgoing calls will show up as 800-414-1234.  Once a caller returns a call they will goto the main line and then have to be transfered to the internal extension.

HTH, Please rate if so

Regards,

Justin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: