cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7 Route Filter doesn't OR

CLIFFORD BARTLE
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I am trying to configure a route filter to block all calls except calls to US, UK, Ireland and Australia (I am in New Zealand).

the clauses I want to use in the filter are:

country code == [^1]    and  internationall access exists

OR

country code == [^44]    and  internationall access exists

OR

country code == [^61]    and  internationall access exists

OR

country code == [^353]    and  internationall access exists

I beleive this should match any international call except those with the country codes above.

Then I am using the 1.@ with my route filter above to block this pattern.  I add a partition and apply it to the line CSS (I have a device CSS that passes all calls).

The problem I experience:

if I put all four clauses in calls to the USA are blocked (001)

if I take out UK (44) and leave in the other three countries including USA (1) it works fine, but I cannot get all four working together, is this a limit to the number of ORs we can use??

I am using CUCM 7.1(2)

4 Replies 4

shane.orr
Level 4
Level 4

I think you may be going about this in a manner which will not work. Beause you are utilizing the "^" symbol which means it will matcfh other numbers execpt the number following the "^" things are not working as you expect. The problem is that it is going to make a match right away and not refer to any other clauses because of the use of "^" in conjuction with the "OR".

Example:

If you have the clauses listed in the order above and you try and dial 1 + international-access + (44 UK) + ...... the first clause (^1) would be matched because the country code does not equal 1 so then it automatically does not refer to any other clauses because there is already a match.

Here is what I would recommend

1. Create a seperate Blocked Partition and add that Partition to your Calling Search Spaces.

2. Modify or add a new Route Filter that looks identical to what you have except remove all of the "^" symbols.

3. Create or modify a Route Pattern and apply the Blocked Partition, the Route Filter, and select the Block Pattern option.

That should do the trick.

Please rate helpful posts

Hi, thanks for your reply, but it doesn't explain why it works fine for just the three, like this, any ideas:

country code == [^44]    and  internationall access exists

OR

country code == [^61]    and  internationall access exists

OR

country code == [^353]    and  internationall access exists

Could you post the results of the Dialed Number Analyzer (DNA), I think that will help

understand things a little better.

I have attached dna output, named th

e files like this:

dnaOutput_uk_ire_aus_to_uk.xml

first are the clause I am using in the filter, followed by where I am making the call to.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: