Ambiguous WCS Critical Alert Message .... HELP!!!

Unanswered Question
Dec 21st, 2009

I have received this alert in WCS for a couple days now and I don't know what's triggering this ... especially because the reason says its unknown ... so I was wondering if anyone has seen this before and if you had any idea how this is triggered ... this is important to me because a radio keeps getting disabled which causes clients to drop which isn't a good thing in a hosptial environment.

This is the email that I keep receiving ...

Subject: WCS Alarm: AP, severity Critical

WCS has detected one or more alarms of category AP and severity Critical in
Virtual Domain root for the following items:

802.11a interface of AP AP1-06 is down: Controller 10.0.10.3 Reason:
Unknown.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
pvanvuuren Mon, 04/19/2010 - 02:21

Hi there, did you manage to get a resolve?

I have the same problem, and I read that I should upgrade the WiSM controller software to 6.0.188.

Also getting similar anoying traps " /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} 802.11b/g interface of AP C4C4w26P4 is down: Controller 10.105.1.35 Reason: Unknown."

Cheers

kmeeks123 Wed, 06/30/2010 - 14:02

Since upgrading 43 controllers to 6.0.196.0 five days back we have received 915 of these fake alerts.

any thoughts?

Actions

This Discussion