cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO 6513 Line card failure

waqas0612147
Level 1
Level 1

We have a cisco 6513 chassis and it is filled with differnt FRUs.As it happened that due to power recycle one the module WS-X6748-GE-TX started to show FRU power failure . we tried to reset the module by hw-module command but it showed the following error % module 11 is operationally off (FRU-power failed).We plug and un-plug the module also but was not able to revive the module.

As per my understanding that somehow chassis wass not able to power the module after the power recycle .So my question is if there was power fluctuation why did the power supply not able to handle it rather than damaging the module .

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

vvasisth
Level 1
Level 1

I can confirm that we are facing a known hardware issue which is 
described in the following document:

CSCsb32574
Power Converter Failure causes 6748-GE-TX linecard to power down
http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&b
ugId=CSCsb32574

Your linecard is affected by this issue and therefore I would recommend you to replace it.

Hope that helps.

regards,
Varun

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

vvasisth
Level 1
Level 1

I can confirm that we are facing a known hardware issue which is 
described in the following document:

CSCsb32574
Power Converter Failure causes 6748-GE-TX linecard to power down
http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&b
ugId=CSCsb32574

Your linecard is affected by this issue and therefore I would recommend you to replace it.

Hope that helps.

regards,
Varun

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco