Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Features

joguevil2008
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have to work with a given Unity 4.2 installation and I would like to know the features of the product installed. This is my first Unity contact and I am a bit confused. The system is composed by:

- 1 Unity UM Exchange for 300 user, 16 session, 4TTS

- 100 Unity UM for Exchange User

- 400 Unity Inbox (VMI) user license

I think the Unity is designed for a maximum of 300 users (subscribers?) ,16 simultaneous connections to Unity and 4TTS for listening to Voice messages from IP Phone? Is it true? Is it possible to enable more than 300 users or not? maybe extending these features?

Related to 100 Unity UM for Exchange User and 400 Unity Inbox user licenses, I dont really know what they are exactly and its use.

Please, can you help me? I would appreciate your knowledge.

Thanks in advanced

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi there,

No worries, I'm sure we can figure this out

These numbers are all related to "Licenses" and what you have

purchased so far.

Your base license is for 300 Users but you also have an "add-on" license for 100

more. So the grand total is 400 available Users. These 400 user licenses have all

been purchased for full UM but can be used for VM-only.

The Unity Inbox is a "licensed" web based access for users and you have an equal # of these

licenses (400) as you do user licenses, so you should be fully "good to go" for 400

users. If you need more than 400 users, more licenses will have to be purchased as these

limits are enforced by the system.

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

You are currently licensed for 400 users for UM (Unified messaging)

16 Ports/Sessions for connecting to Unity via the phone (TUI =

Telephone User Interface)

4 TTS = 4 Text to Speech sessions

and each of your 400 users is licensed to be, Unity Inbox Users = (Visual Messaging Interface)

This access is related to the User COS;

Subscribers > Class of Service > Features Page

Cisco Unity Inbox (Visual Messaging Interface)

Check this check box to allow subscribers who are assigned to this COS to use the Cisco Unity Inbox, which is a licensed feature. Note that when you give a COS access to a licensed feature, it can be important to track the number of subscribers who are assigned to the COS.

To confirm that the number of subscribers does not exceed the number of licenses, see the System > Licensing > License Counts page.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/interface_reference/guide/ex/50curg020e.html

Access to the Cisco Unity Inbox is provided through the Cisco Personal Communications Assistant (PCA) website.

Go to http:///ciscopca.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/user/guide/inbox/cuuginbx010.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob and thanks for your answer,

then, I can have up to 400 users with their own Unity Inbox although the main product Unity says it is for 300 users, 16 sessions and 4 TTS, isn't it? And those 300 users, could it be just an estimation and not a physical limitation?

And what about the 100 UM for Exchange Users? Is it only for a UM configuration? Then, as long as we have a Voice Mail Only configuration, is it necessary?

And finally, is it possible to extend the number of users with Unity Inbox? I suppose it will be enough buying the corresponding license, isn't it?

As you see Im a bit lost and need your patience and help.

Thank you very much for your attention.

Hi there,

No worries, I'm sure we can figure this out

These numbers are all related to "Licenses" and what you have

purchased so far.

Your base license is for 300 Users but you also have an "add-on" license for 100

more. So the grand total is 400 available Users. These 400 user licenses have all

been purchased for full UM but can be used for VM-only.

The Unity Inbox is a "licensed" web based access for users and you have an equal # of these

licenses (400) as you do user licenses, so you should be fully "good to go" for 400

users. If you need more than 400 users, more licenses will have to be purchased as these

limits are enforced by the system.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thank you very much for your help and, of course, Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year!!!

You are most welcome my friend!

Happy Holidays to you as well

Cheers!

Rob

PS: If you kindly let us know your name we can address you in

a more polite manner - Huff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: