Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6 DFM Settings

Hi

In our DFM Alerts and Activities I only get alerts for a few devices only , for others there does not appear any messages. In teh DFM device table I can see all the devices . In the Fault History I get all the messages.

Need help in configuring the settings of the DFM.

Regards

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The AAD only shows active alerts (and those that have been cleared, but only for 30 minutes).  After that, they will be shown only in Fault History.  Additionally, DFM will only alerts for devices in the Known state.  Devices in Learning or Questioned states will not be polled by DFM.  It's not clear from your description if these conditions are met.

All The devices are in the Known State ,

What i want from the DFM is how do I configure a Syslog type functionality where in any device going UP/Down or some critical alarms etc get displayed in the  Alerts and Activities.

I am not able to make much sense of the alerts that are being shown currently. It shows as Unresponsive , Reachability etc .

DFM does not do this.  Unlike most fault management applications, DFM does not rely much on traps from devices to build its events.  Instead, it does periodic polling.  If you want to look at syslog messages, you will need to use RME's syslog reports and/or RME's syslog automated action feature.

That said, DFM will show a device which becomes unreachable.  You will see an Unresponsive alert in the DFM AAD.  The device typically needs to be down for four minutes, though before DFM will notice it.