Views
Helpful
Replies

- D-Channel Blocked -

keanej
Level 3
Level 3

My ISP says the router is 'blocking out the D Channel'

I am using an MGCP gateway backhauling the ISDN to Call Manager - I am seeing 'path code violations'

yet when the telco puts a loop in the line, it tests clear.

They insist is it the CSU (customer service unit - ie the router!)

I am really stumped here... any ideas ??

Bascially I have 'Layer 1 - Deactivated / Shutdown' with multiple path code violations

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

vivkalra
Level 1
Level 1

This is a definately a Telco related problem.

However to rule out any options from your side you can try configuring it with H323

because D channel is backhauled with call manager in case of MGCP to verify that it is not a call manager issue

you try that with h323 and also make sure we are on the latest IOS on the gateway.

HTH

Vivek

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

vivkalra
Level 1
Level 1

This is a definately a Telco related problem.

However to rule out any options from your side you can try configuring it with H323

because D channel is backhauled with call manager in case of MGCP to verify that it is not a call manager issue

you try that with h323 and also make sure we are on the latest IOS on the gateway.

HTH

Vivek

I help test H323 - I ACL blocked all communication to Call Manager - triggering SRST -  and the fault was still there

The Telco eventually admitted the problem yesterday.

Thanks for your help

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Please send "show controllers T1"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: