Relevant Hardware Cisco:

CUCM version: 6.1.1.3000-2

MGCP Gateway - 2811

VIC2-4FXO

Gate Entry System:

Sentex - Crown Jewel System

http://www.sentexsystems.com/pdfdocs/6001145.pdf

Issue:

After some tweaking i've been able to call into my CUCM through the FXO port on my Voice Gateway, The facility i'm trying to get this set up had a couple people out there who couldn't get it working due to the fact they were using an FXS port for integration. The Gate Entry unit phone portion basically acts like a POTS line you get from any service provider.

I'm able to call in from the unit to an assigned extention via "Attendant DN" option in callmanager, however this unit has features where you can press 1#,2#,3# and it will dial some digits you program into it, I'm inexperienced with the VIC-2DID cards but it sounds like this would be what we need for the Gateway to actually route the call based on the digits received in this situation.

I've tried to work around this issue by directing the call to a Voice prompt on the unity server using the "Attendant DN" option in call manager like any pots line, however the DTMF signals don't seem to be coming in very clearly as i'm getting a very spotty response. It only recognizes the pressed digit about 25% of the time. so at the gate prompt end you hear the unity prompt fine but when you press a button you dont usually get a response as if your button press was ignored. 

I need to get either of these working and any help with this would be great:

I need to be able to have the gate unit dial digits to access different departments, which I believe means utlizing some sort of VIC-2DID card but i'm not sure which ones are compatibile with my version of callmanager or my NM-4VWIC.

Alternatively, If I can some how get the DTMF signals from the unit to come in clearer as to be recognized by Unity every time so the person as the gate can just hit the call button then hit a voice prompt and get directed to their intended department. I've tried reterminating all cross connects and messing with the input gain and output attenuation but have been unsuccessful.

As always any input suggestions are much appreciated or If anyone know's of a gate entry systems that works well with Callmanager I'd be glad to hear any suggestions as i've spent a bit of time trying to get this working. 

-James

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

How do you hear (and they hear you) people at the gate ? If too high or low, that should you guide in adjusting input and output levels on the

fxo port. That in turn could help with the digit recognition problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: