Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

waas unable to boot in WAE-512

Hi,

I have problem with waas on a WAE-512 appliance. nothing is displayed when I connect on console port. I've tried everything and nothing. I've put the recovery CD but nothing as well seams like it is not arriving to the CD boot step.

When I open the appliance cover, I found the led next to flash memory lightning in red.

Is that normal? does any one have and idea ?

Please help.

Best regards,

Karim

5 Replies 5

Eric Rose
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

not in the office to take a look at one. however one thought - if you connect a monitor to the vga port do you get anything on the screen. If my memory serves me correctly you should at least see the bios and then as message that says everything is redirected to the console port.

Hin nothing on the screen and the led beside the flash memory is always red. When I power on the appliance it appear orange and than few seconds and it become red.

Regards,

Karim

I will not be able to look at my deivce in my lab until the 1st week of Jan. However if you are not getting anything on the screen (VGA)  or the console port, I would think that you might have a hardware issue. The BIOS is report to the console. The compact flash doesn't come into play until the drive boot up sequence. The BIOS is the first step.

Thaks - hopefully this helps.

Hi,

I think it is a hardware failure as well. The problem is that I have three appliance with the same problem. They use to work properly an than they were on warehouse for a year. I recently, I've checked there situation and when I power on anyone of the three, I got the same problem.

Regards,

Karim

mmckalli
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever get this resolved? I'm running into the exact same thing.

MSM

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: