cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transfer calls from one script to another (halfway through)

jonathanwalton
Level 1
Level 1

I have a script that is running and working fine.  It a simple menu script.  I was wondering if there is a way to have calls to a different number jump in halfway through the main script.

For instance if Script1 has 3 different menu levels, and the trigger for script1 is 1000, I would like a call placed to 1999 start halfway down Script1, and then continue.

Does this need a second script?  I would assume so, but how can I place a "goto" in Script2 that points to a label that's halfway through Script1?

I am running version 3.5(3), but will be migrating to version 7 soon.  I would like advice on version 3.5(3).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

6 Replies 6

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I'm not sure these steps exist in 3.5; however, here's the way you would do it in current versions. There's no need for an additional script if all you want to happen is begin at different spots.

1. Place a label step where you want the call to jump to.
    2. Immediately following your Accept step, add a Get Trigger Info step. Assign the Trigger Name attribute to a String variable.
      OR
      Immediately following your Accept step, add a Get Call Contact Info step. Assign the Called Number attribute to a String Variable.
    3. Use a Switch step to compare the trigger.

HI Jonathan,

Thanks for the reply.  I'm actually running this Script on version 7.0(1).  We're trying to move off the old server, and I was confused.  I'll try your suggestion.  It's good to know there are multiple ways of doing this.

jonathanwalton
Level 1
Level 1

Using a "Consult Transfer", I was able to transfer the call to Script1, and punch in the options to get where I needed to go.  It's almost seamless, and is good enough, but I'm still wondering if there is a cleaner way of doing this.

Do not create a second script, do what Jonathan S. said to do. Modify Script1 with a label at the point you want to jump to. After the script begins, collect call info and test whether the number dialed is the old number or the new one. If it is the new one, use a goto step to jump to the label you configured. Point the new number to this script.

actually what you did is a valid solution

and any other solution will be valid as well

as long as all the ways meeting the requirements

but you need to consider there is a way recommended over others

the method suggested by Jonathan s.  is good way interm of memory utilization in your UCCX server because the more scripts you have the more load you will put on your sever's memory

again scripting is programing and each approach can be done in differnt ways but always look for the better way

hope this will help

if helpful Rate

Jonathan,

Please research or test futher the consult option, I am sure its not the cleanest of all. I would highly recommend using switch and trigger assignment this is probably a better way.  It will also help you minimize number of steps in your script if you need to modify other things in future.

Good luck,

Baseer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: