cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP541N firmware upgrade - 1.8.0

carter.chad
Level 4
Level 4

Where can I find the latest firmware for the AP541N?  I checked the usual Cisco download site but it is not listed.  I can find references to it in documentation like the wireless design guide and release notes but no listing for the AP.

8 Replies 8

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Chad,

I too looked in the usual places and could not find software for the AP541. I will pass this query onto the Product manager for his advice.

regards Dave

Any further update on this firmware upgrade issue?

I just received my AP541N and would like to upgrade to the mentioned 1.8.0 firmware upgrade.  When I go into the AP541 management interface and click on the link to upgrade the software it brings me to the AP521 firmware.  I did a search when in the software download section and there is nothing on the AP541N.

Thanks in advance,

Greg

Greg,

This is where it will be when it is posted. It obviously has not been posted yet. I will try to update this post when it is available on the website.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10597/index.html

Bill

Considering the 1.8.0 firmware is referenced in the wireless voice guide and that this firmware fixes several bugs including wireless phones randomly disconnecting I would really like to see this posted and available.

Dave did you get anywhere with this firmware?

Thanks,

Chad

psmith
Level 1
Level 1

I have just received two of these units, and the known caveats kind of scare me. I would really like to upgrade them to 1.8.0, has this been released or is it coming soon?

I do not see it anywhere to download.

Thanks.

Hi Paul Chad et al..

Yep there has been mention of version 1.8 again. I again checked the software repository, just now to see if it is available, and it's not available.  All I can do at this stage is question the Small Business Support center  (SBSC).

They are usually very responsive to customers.

I will follow up with an update when i get details.

regards Dave

Hi folks,

Hot off the press, 1.8  can be obtained from the following location;  http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10492/index.html

Check out "download software' on the right side of the page and it should lead you to the link below as show in the picture..

regards Dave

ap541.JPG

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: