Views
Helpful
Replies

RME 4.0.6 Archive Mgmt Jobs failing

Latchum Naidu
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi All,

Total we have 100 devices configured in CiscoWorks.

The daily jobs status in the Archive Management is showing failed since long time, and if I see any job ID details its showing only its showing 6 devices which should show the total configured devices.

Please find the attached screenshots for RME jobs and job details.

Experts, what could be the problem, is there anything needs to configured.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Naidu.

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jobs in RME 4.0.6 could not be scheduled on dynamic groups.  If there were only six devices in RME at the time the job was scheduled, then only six devices will appear in the job.  As for why this job is failing, it would help to see the Device Details section of the job browser as well as the log for this job from within the job's directory.

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your response and sorry for the late response as i was on vacation.

"If there were only six devices in RME at the time the job was scheduled"

you mean when the job was scheduled in RME?

you said they could not be scheduled on dynamic groups, then how they will be create. I have not done anything except device add

"it would help to see the Device Details section of the job browser as well as the log for this job from within the job's directory"

Could you please tell me from where I should pull these details?

is it like device credentials and snmp set and all?

Regards,

Naidu.

I mean that if you only have six devices in RME, and you schedule a config archive job and select the All Devices box, then the job will only ever run on those six devices.  If you add new devices to RME at a later time, the job will not archive the config for those new devices.  You will have to delete and recreate the job.

In the job browser, there is a link for the individual device details.  That link will show the error relating to why the archive job failed.