cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

My router Linksys RV016 does not upgrade the Firware from 2.0.10 to the latest 3.0.19

WincheWinche
Level 1
Level 1

I need to upgrade the Firmware from a 2.10 version to the latest version (3.0.19). I traied three times to upgrade (flash) an what occure is the same. I will explane: Ones insight the Router RV016, via internet, and in the System Manager > Firmware Upgrade, I browsed the upgrade wich name is RV016_v3.0.0.19tm_090216_code.rmt, then click on the boton for upgrading and the Loading action takes place for undefine time (ones I let it loading for more than 12 hours).

What happen? I notice that in the System Summary menu the System up time actualice without the correct time zone [I change to the correct one, no problem] but it does not  upgrade the Firmware version. What can I do to do so?

1 Reply 1

rleite
Level 1
Level 1

Julio,

I had the same problem on my RV016.  I originally had version 1.2.3 and tried upgrading to version 3.0.19 and kept receiving the bad upgrade image message (if that is what you are getting).  I had to go to version 2.0.0 then 2.0.3 then to version 3.0.19.  Although this was done succesfully, I am getting packet loss from this router so I am going to purchase another product.  Seems to be a hardware issue at this point.

Good Luck