cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

My router Linksys RV016 does not upgrade the Firware from 2.0.10 to the latest 3.0.19

WincheWinche
Level 1
Level 1

I need to upgrade the Firmware from a 2.10 version to the latest version (3.0.19). I traied three times to upgrade (flash) an what occure is the same. I will explane: Ones insight the Router RV016, via internet, and in the System Manager > Firmware Upgrade, I browsed the upgrade wich name is RV016_v3.0.0.19tm_090216_code.rmt, then click on the boton for upgrading and the Loading action takes place for undefine time (ones I let it loading for more than 12 hours).

What happen? I notice that in the System Summary menu the System up time actualice without the correct time zone [I change to the correct one, no problem] but it does not  upgrade the Firmware version. What can I do to do so?

1 Reply 1

rleite
Level 1
Level 1

Julio,

I had the same problem on my RV016.  I originally had version 1.2.3 and tried upgrading to version 3.0.19 and kept receiving the bad upgrade image message (if that is what you are getting).  I had to go to version 2.0.0 then 2.0.3 then to version 3.0.19.  Although this was done succesfully, I am getting packet loss from this router so I am going to purchase another product.  Seems to be a hardware issue at this point.

Good Luck

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: