cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Happy Holidays from Australia

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This is the last working day for us "down under" and in behalf of my employer and I, we would like to greet each and every participant of the NetPro community a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.  May peace and good tidings bless us all next year.

Have a wonderful and safe holidays.

NOTE:  Don't drink too much egg-nog.  Kojak-with-a-Kodak is all over the place! 

21 Replies 21

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Right back at ya Leo!

Happy Holidays from Canada. Thanks for all the great

humor and excellent info this past year my friend

I'll have a virtual pint with you in about 30 hours from now.

Take care,

Huff

Hey Rob,

We've started with the grog already!

Have a nice holiday all of you! From Greece this time.

You guys started the 'drink talk' and got me looking things up in wikipedia once again!

Some guy was trying to hack my notebook earlier and guess what? IP seems to be coming from Australia (not joking). Thankfully, I had the camera secured with adhesive tape (hardcore security methods). Forgot to secure the microphone though!

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello,

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all Netpro members !

A year or peace to everyone

Best Regards

Giuseppe

Daniel Bruhn
Level 8
Level 8

All,

A Happy Holidays from the windy city of Chicago.

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Unless you are a kiwi, we're going to set the "coat hanger" on fire again to herald in the new year.  Happy New Year to each and everyone from Australia!!!!

Yipee ka yay!!!

No flightless birds here! Dodge this coathanger! Hi-ya!!!

Happy New Year everyone!

"coat hanger" is another moniker (in a loving sort of way) for the Sydney Harbour Bridge which we set alight with fireworks. 

Saw your comment about your security measures for your webcam.  Surprisingly this is what I do too.

"coat hanger" is another moniker (in a loving sort of way) for the Sydney Harbour Bridge which we set alight with fireworks and "kiwi" is a jargon for our next-door-neighbors, the New Zealanders.

Saw your comment about your security measures for your webcam.  Surprisingly this is what I do too.

Native English teacher used to say: Maria is reading her dictionary again, trying to find a very difficult word for me to explain! Do you think I haven't looked everything up? This is what I do! I've found a page with Aussie slang. I also saw your bridge on fire for year 2009 on youtube. According to Freud (whom I otherwise dislike, I do everything because I have a thing for my daddy? hello?) analysis of humour, jokes typically have something unreasonable and laughter comes when/if person realizes the unreasonable. We laugh less if someone explains the joke. Anyway, in my interpretation I chose the meanings of 'bird' for 'kiwi' and 'dangerous high tackle in Australian rules football, running player is stopped by an arm to the chest or neck and usually gets knocked backward onto their back' for 'coathanger'. So basically, what I was saying is I can fly, I am attacking you and you need to defend yourself ('dodge this' is the epic trinity line from matrix of course). 'Hi-ya' is an emulation of a karate-style sound. Maybe the combination was a bit paranoid, but I usually do that as well!

p.s. Message was edited because I realized the link I posted previously contains words that might violate policies for posting to the site. I am sorry I didn't notice this earlier.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Kindly use a QR reader. 

Leo,

You are so web 2.0   I had to go downstairs and get my iPhone to read your message.

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

LOL!

Or use

http://zxing.org/w/decode.jspx

(I just learnt about that too)

Happy Holidays everyone

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links