cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Interface block temporary when flooding & loop occure from this Interface.

csawest.dc
Level 3
Level 3

Dear Experts,

What is the command to give on interface to block temporary  when flooding or loop occure  from perticularly interface,

so that's why no effect to other interface users and also connected to server with uplink port. in both the switches

cisco 3550 and 2950.

Thanks in aDV,

Vaib...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Vaibhav,

Check out the below link for Port Unicast and Multicast Flood Blocking:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst4500/12.1/19ew/configuration/guide/uniflood.html#wp1036199

Hope this solves your query !!

Regards

Ganesh.H

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

csawest.dc wrote:

Dear Experts,

What is the command to give on interface to block temporary  when flooding or loop occure  from perticularly interface,

so that's why no effect to other interface users and also connected to server with uplink port. in both the switches

cisco 3550 and 2950.

Thanks in aDV,

Vaib...

Vaib

shut/no shut on the interface that is causing problems. This is the only way if you have a loop to stop it immediately.

Jon

Dear Marshall,

You given me shut/no shut command , that it manualy but i need autometic block or shut that port when flooding or loop occure from that interface.

or what it the command and  how to maximum control when floodin or loop  occure from perticulary interface.

Thanks in ADV,

Vaib...

csawest.dc wrote:

Dear Marshall,

You given me shut/no shut command , that it manualy but i need autometic block or shut that port when flooding or loop occure from that interface.

or what it the command and  how to maximum control when floodin or loop  occure from perticulary interface.

Thanks in ADV,

Vaib...

Vaib

Apologies, didn't realise you wanted to automate it.

Flooding and loops are slightly different. For loop avoidance you want to be looking at BPDUGuard and BPDUFilter -

STP  additional features

for flooding you should look at storm control -

Storm control

Jon

Dear Jon,

Now i have one query,

I have 3550 48P switch in this switch interface port frpm int  3 to 48 connected with IP DSLAM. this means many users conneted with one interface in cisco 3550 , that's why i dint configure spanning-tree port fast enable  it is disable on  per interface,

so now should configure on per port ( port 3 to 48) BPDU filter or BPDU guard ?? or both the command to give on interface ?? global mode ?? which one!!

at present in cisco 3550 i have configured in global mode spanning-tree mode pvst and on per interface i have configuered spanning-tree portfast disable.

so now should i configue on per interface spanning-tree bpdufilter enable  and also spanning-tree bpdguard enable  when spanning-tree portfast disable ???

What you suggest me what i hve to do ??

Thanks once again!!!

Vaib...

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Vaibhav,

Check out the below link for Port Unicast and Multicast Flood Blocking:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst4500/12.1/19ew/configuration/guide/uniflood.html#wp1036199

Hope this solves your query !!

Regards

Ganesh.H

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card