How to Enable two digit Event Reason Code on ICM PG.

Unanswered Question
Dec 24th, 2009

Hello,

I have third party CTI Application softphone sending SET_AGENT_STATE_REQ with reason code = 10 to the CTI server.

Call flow is something like this.

CTI Application Softphone --->ICM PG -----CVLAN ----->AES ---------PBX Avaya Communication Manager.

PG Coomunicated with AES via CVLAN application.

Any Reason code within 1-9 will go through successfully, but Event Reason code 10 will not reach AES. The CTI-link configuration is enabled with Two-digit Aux Work Reason code --Y. ( According to Avaya DOC )

This was proved by following call flow ( with Cisco ICM ).

Avaya Jtapi Application --->AES --->PBX Coomunication Manager.

Sniffer traces on PG, will show all the reason codes from 1 -- 9 but for the reason Code 10, Frame itself on sniffer is not identified.

I believe there is a registry setting on PG some thing like ( EnableTwoDigitEventReasonCode set 1 :-) ... but i am not sure. Simillar to EnableSevenDigitExtension under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cisco Systems, Inc.\ICM\<cus01>\<PGXX>\PG\CurrentVersion\PIMS\pim1\ATTData\Config\

Any Help much appreciated.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
rvenkatarama Mon, 02/08/2010 - 23:16

OK, Got an answer from Cisco TAC and AVAYA. Below is the solution.

The implementation for the communication between the pim and the Avaya is in the cvlancli.dll (made by Avaya). So, when the PIM needs to send something to the Avaya, it makes use of this dll.

From the cvlan programs guide of cvlancli.dll we know indeed that the C-BADPMATCH is an error from the cvlancli.dll.

Avaya developed new CVLAN client with a new cvlancli.dll and Cisco has incorporated in 7.2(7).

ICM 7.2(7) does supports two digit Event Reason code :-)

Actions

This Discussion