MDS 9222i & NPIV

Unanswered Question
Dec 24th, 2009

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

I'v connected a single port on a MDS 9222i to a single "external" port on a Qlogic FC Pass-thru module. The MDS 9222i has negotiated the link as mode FX. Additionally, the Qlogic pass-thru module has 14 "internal" ports that are mapped to individual IBM Blade server HBAs.

I do not see any of the IBM Blade server HBAs on my fabric (e.g., no FLOGI)? Would enabling NPIV on the MDS 9222i resolve the issue? Can NPIV be enabled on the single MDS port that connects to Qlogic pass-thru port? Can you provide the recommended steps to enable NPIV?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

This Discussion

Trending Topics: Storage Networking