Views
Helpful
Replies

Session ID

hmimranraza
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I have an issue with my script. I have web integration between CUCCX and a web server. I need to pass on the session ID to web server. PLease advise how to achive it.

Thanks for helping

6 Replies 6

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can get the contact's session ID with the Get Contact Info step. You need a session-type variable in the script to store it to.

Thank you very much Jonathan. I have added this variable but still when the agent answer the call, a web browser opens with missing session ID. How the system genrate the session ID , how this session ID will be pass on to the web server? Do you have any sample script? Thanks again Jpnathan

Can you be more specific about this integration? The session ID is only useful to the MIVR subsystem so I'm not sure what you're going to do with it.

Are you performing an HTTP action in the script; or, are you referring to the CAD integrated browser for the agent?  You can try including it in your HTTP POST command if the former; or, in the Enterprise Data passed to CAD if the later.

I have 1 x box of CUCCX and 1 x box of Web server with https. When the calls comes, script will read the session ID (I am expecting, system assigns a unique session ID to each call automatically), As the agents answer the call, the web page will appear on the CAD which will have user ID and session ID, So when the agent will submit the web page, these session ID and user ID will be submitted along with rest of the information on the web page.

After configured the workflow, agent get the web page along with the user ID but session ID or sequence number is missing. I am expecting that script is not forwarding the session ID to web server.

Have you properly added this variable to the Set Enterprise Data step in you script?

If so, confirm that the enterprise call variable is in the layout list specified in that step.

Even if you have everything properly configured in the script, it is possible that the Calabrio code for CAD does not support the session-type variable data. Sessions are not retained beyond ~30 minutes after the call within CCX so it has no long-term value to you anyways.

Hi all,

How is the following (Get Contact Info) different from one another? I'm looking at passing this value to 3rd party recording solution & CRM. Which one should i should to uniquely identify this call?

Session

A unique identifier for the contact session

Identifier

Integer value containing the contact identifier assigned by the  system guaranteed to be unique among all contacts

Implementation ID

String value containing the implementation-specific identifier  for the contact. This value is unique for a given contact type. For a Cisco  JTAPI call contact, this value is equivalent to the global call identifier  obtained by the Cisco Unified Communications Manager.

Thanks!

-JT-

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: