Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WCCP redirection issues over 3560 E

Hello everybody

I have a WS-C3560E-24PD-S in my Data Center, in this switch I have vlan configuration and it is connected with a switch 4503 Core via a Port channel (4 interfases).

My problem is that the switch is not accepting any command related to the redirection (ip wccp version 2, ip wccp 61 (62), etc.)

I used this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750e_3560e/software/release/12.2_52_se/configuration/guide/swwccp.html#wp1031033

I updated the IOS to be the same as the version in the Link. So to this moment I've done everything the link has suggested and i'm not getting the switch to accept the commands.

Do you have any suggestion I can take?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Rene,

The 3560-E (and 3750-E) models have a universal IOS image, and dependant on a license and a PAK code you'll either run IP Base or IP Services.

If you do a show version you'll probably see something like this :

License Level: ipbase   Type: Default. No license found.

Next reboot license Level: ipbase

To run IP Services on a 3560-E you'll neeed to purchase an IP Services license (product number 3560E-IPSLCB-QTY - IP Services for 3560 E, upgrade from the IP Base Feature Set ) which have a list price of 4K US $ -  so you don't have to buy a new switch ... just an expensive license :-(

In order to run WCCP on a CAT4503 with Sup IV - you'll only need IP Base (at least from version 12.2(31)SGx)

Best Regards

Finn

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

finn.poulsen
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Rene,

Are you 100% sure that you have changed the SDM template to something different than "default" ? :

"WCCP entries and PBR entries use the same TCAM region. WCCP is supported only on the templates that support PBR: access, routing, and dual IPv4/v6 routing. "

You wrote that your switch is a WS-C3560E-24PD-S.

Does this mean that you only have the IP Base license ?

Because you'll need the IP Service license in order to use WCCP on a CATt3560/CAT3750.

Best Regards

Finn Poulsen

Thanks for you answer finn.poulsen.

The switch is:

Model number : WS-C3560E-24PD-S

The switch´s image is:

System image file is "flash:c3560e-universal-mz.122-52.SE/c3560e-universal-mz.122-52.SE.bin

I am a little confused, you said me that the switch WS-C3560E-24PD-S doesn´t support wccp redirection because is IPB, so I need change the switch to

WS-C3560E-24PD-E (IPS). is that correct??

Other question:

In case that I can´t use the switch WS-C3560E-24PD-S, I have a 4503 with supervisor IV, can the switch 4503 (supervisor IV) support the redirection?

Regards,

Hi Rene,

The 3560-E (and 3750-E) models have a universal IOS image, and dependant on a license and a PAK code you'll either run IP Base or IP Services.

If you do a show version you'll probably see something like this :

License Level: ipbase   Type: Default. No license found.

Next reboot license Level: ipbase

To run IP Services on a 3560-E you'll neeed to purchase an IP Services license (product number 3560E-IPSLCB-QTY - IP Services for 3560 E, upgrade from the IP Base Feature Set ) which have a list price of 4K US $ -  so you don't have to buy a new switch ... just an expensive license :-(

In order to run WCCP on a CAT4503 with Sup IV - you'll only need IP Base (at least from version 12.2(31)SGx)

Best Regards

Finn

Hi,

I have a 3650 switch with IP base license  then unable to configure wccp 

. what i have to do. what is the reason for same.

Thanks

Hi,

Still, you'll have to run the IP Services Feature set to run WCCP !

From the 3560-E configuration guide :

"To use this feature, the switch or the stack master must be running the IP services feature set."

Best Regards

Finn

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: