Views
Helpful
Replies

Need IOS for cisco WS-c2950-24 Switch.

csawest.dc
Level 3
Level 3

Dear Experts

I Need IOS for support both the command Switchport block musticast and Switchport block unicast in cisco WS-C2950-24

So which IOS i have to upgrade to support both the above mention command. in cisco 2950-24 switch.

Thanks in ADV,

Vaib...

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Unfortunately, switchport block {multicast | unicast} is only supported on the "EI" switches:  Catalyst 2950G-12-EI, 2950G-24-EI, 2950G-24-EI-DC, 2950G-48-EI, and 2955 switches running Cisco IOS Release 12.1(19)EA1 or later.
https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst2950/software/release/12.1_22_ea11x/command/reference/cli2.html#wp4753739

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

All 2950's run the same exact software but the software is smart enough to know what model it is being installed on and unless you have a model that supports EI services there is no way to change that  .  If your model currently has standard services on it thats all it will run . A show version will tell you what model and version you have.

vvasisth
Level 1
Level 1

Don't think that image will work too well seeing its for a 3750 ...  He would need to post a show version to see if the 2950 is a SI or a EI switch , if its SI then there is nothing he can do .

Dear Experts,

Thank you all i will check my cisco 2950 is SI or EI.

Dear Varun , when i click on this link which is you given me i got err msg " Error occured at server. Please try later"

Have a Nice day!!!

Vaib...

I cannot find the file. Is there any way to get the iOS for 

WS-C2950G-24-EI

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco