cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

who's know about interface error threshold??

Sanghee Han
Level 1
Level 1

hi all,

I know router resets its interface when the interface receives many error traffic(burst error).

in here, I wonder what is the threshold value that router reset.

who's know about this threshold or relative document?

Thanks for reading my question.

5 Replies 5

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Check out the below link hope this helps out your query !!

http://www.cisco.com/web/about/security/intelligence/spd.html

Regards

Ganesh.H

Thanks for your help.

but I can't find the threshold value about errored-packet

I think it just explains about hold-queue and SPD.

for example,

if router would reset interface when the interface receives 100 errored-packets per second,

in this case, threshold will be 100 for errored-packet.

I don't know the exact threshold value for each physical interface type and need information about this issue.

(100 is the example number for my explanation)

Genrally error threshold value are expressed in percentage rather in exact vlaue,check out the below link hope this helps out your query !!

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_device_fault_manager/1.1/user/guide/defaults.html

Regards

Ganesh.H

Thanks

I read the document you recommanded.

in that document,

========================================================================================

Error Threshold

The upper threshold for packet errors expressed as a percentage of the total number of packets. The default is 10%.

========================================================================================

is it means that router resets interface when the interface receive a erroed packet as a percentage of the total number of packets(default=10%)?

sorry for many queston

Hi,

Genrally these threshold is the upper bound for packet errors expressed as a percentage of the total number of packets. This threshold generally indicates issues such as TCP session restarts or retransmits. Any sustained positive number would indicate possible problems. The critical error threshold should be set to 10%.

Hope that clear your query !!

Regards

Ganesh.H

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card