cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to Telnet from firewall to router ???

sibgathullah
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

i am trying to telnet from my firewall to router through command promt....it gives me a black blank with a - .....what are the parameters to be configured to access the router.

Regards,

5 Replies 5

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Configure teh follwoing in your router end and then check the telent connectivity from firewall.

Router(config-line)#line vty 0 ?
<1-4> Last Line Number

Router(config-line)#line vty 0 4
Router(config-line)# password admin2
Router(config-line)# login

Hope this helps out your query !!

Regards

Ganesh.H

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

sibgathullah wrote:

Dear All,

i am trying to telnet from my firewall to router through command promt....it gives me a black blank with a - .....what are the parameters to be configured to access the router.

Regards,

Mohammed

You cannot telnet from the firewall to anything, it is not allowed as it is a security feature.

The "telnet ..." command on the pix/ASA is used to allow certain IP addresses to telnet to the firewall.

Jon

Thanks jon for the clarification i was think some other way round for telnet option into router via firewall.

Regards

Ganesh.H

ganeshh.iyer wrote:

Thanks jon for the clarification i was think some other way round for telnet option into router via firewall.

Regards

Ganesh.H

Ganesh

No problem. Think that's one of the reasons we all do NetPro because we all continually learn new things.

Jon

Dear Jon,

Thanks for your reply, i was aware of that but i was trying to find a way out for telnet.

Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card