Views
Helpful
Replies

9971 on CUCM713su1

dannymget
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

Just tried to have the 9971 on the latest CUCM (su1) together with a video endpoint.

Phone works fine, but I cannot see the video as expected.

Even without the camera, receiving video should already be possible.

Has anybody succeded here?

Thanks

Danny

13 Replies 13

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I believe that I saw a PowerPoint which stated video support was being added in firmwre 9.0(2) which was due out H1CY10.

Jonathan.

Thanks for the hint. Went through the slides again and found this on the firmare release track on the buttom:

9.0(2) Features Compatible with UCM 7.1(3)
• H.264 AVC Video (2-way + conf. w/MCU on 9900s)
• RTCP Support for Video (9900 Series)
• USB Wireless Headset (HHC) with selected vendors

Since I already saw it working as one-way, I was too much distracted to find out, why it didn't....

This should be out in February...

Regards

Danny

Hi,

The firmware is now out. I tried to get it worked but it's not working at all, even in one way.

Anyone has succeded?

I can't find the Video Capabilities option on CUCM phone config page. I managed to get it work by adding 1 on the xml file configuration and uploading it on a different TFTP server.

So I only have on-way video manually but it's a start...

dannymget
Level 1
Level 1

Latest information reg. Video Enable=1: The necessary DevPack that has to be out on 8. April has been delayed at least one week.
Very annoying, since the whole video thing was never really working on these phones without doing manual tweaking.
And Cisco was showing them around with working video, and we constantly have to appologize to our customers (first the firmware, then that and and...).

Danny

Hi Danny,

Thanks for the feedback.

Besides receiving video, did you managed to manually get any webcam work on theses phones?

Since I do not work for Cisco I cannot comment on the delays. There are two things I wanted to point out from the release notes for 9.0(2).

1. It specifies that 7.1(3a)SU1 is the minimum version under the Installing Unified Communications Manager header. That version coupled with the device pack and the 9.0(2) firmware should get this working, finally.
  2. Only the Cisco Unified Video Camera will work on these phones for video transmission, not other webcams. This is not a conspiracy for Cisco to get more revenue. The BU wanted to keep the cost of the phone itself in check so the video H.264 encoding DSP is built into the camera, not the phone. At least that's the defense I was given.

Jonathan is right, there is no other way than waiting for the already delayed camera module.Hope not get any more surprises from the 99er field...

Danny

Ok, we have edited the xml file add video capabilty but now it appears the phone can't find the .ctl file.  From the status messages on the phone when it is pointing to ccm as the tftp server it doesn't find it there either.  When we point the phone to the alternate tftp server it never pulls the .xml file it simply states that it can't find the CTLFile.tlv.  Do we need to get this file on the alternate TFTP server?  Also does it matter where we add the line into the xml file?  Anyone have a status on the device pack as well as the camera's?

Thanks,

Joe

Hi,

I didn't activated CTL file. But, if the phone doesn't find it, it will go on loading after a timeout.

I put the IP Phone on static IP address and entered in as TFTP Server 1 and TFTP Server 2 the same adress IP i.e. the third party TFTP server you have to install (e.g. from solarwinds).

I did not enabled the ALternate TFTP feature.

About the tags to add in the CNF.XML file, here is my sample. You have to replace what you have between and by this :

false1false011011,707:3010:3001:00100100501000001111000

HTH

Zak

Alt tftp server still states that the phone is trying to get CTLSEP04FE7F69DDE5.tlv file...this is not present on the callmanager servers...I never see the phone attempting to get the actual xml file.

Any suggestions?  We have not enable CTL on the cluster.

Thanks,

Joe

got the xml file edited and now I can get video to work from VT advantage phone to 9971..still having any issue when I can into a polycom bridge..call connects fine and I get audio but I get a black screen...Call from VT advantage works fine into the polycom bridge.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Joe

Resolutions and bandwidth capabilites are not well announced by 9971 to a third party H.323 or SIP device supporting HD Video.

You must set your Polycom to CIF video with a low bandwidth and force the bandwidth inter region to max 256 kbps.

The 9.0(2) firmware release notes contains those details.

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: