cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RVL200 - How to connect to ssl vpn with a Macbook Pro??

edisoninfo
Level 1
Level 1

How do I connect to the RVL200 SSL vpn or IPsec vpn from a Macbook Pro running Snow Leopard? I have tried using the Safari browser and Google Chrome and neither seem to connect.

2 Replies 2

wichilds
Level 4
Level 4

Edison,

I don't know if you have tried this or not, but here is the admin guide. Page 60 begins the section on Mac and SSL. Please post if you are still unable to connect. Try to get some logs from the router, and post them next time.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/csbr/rvl200/administration/guide/RVL200_V10_UG_C_WEB.pdf

Bill

What you won't find in the user manual you refer to, or in the specifications listed on the Linksys / Cisco website, is what version(s) of Mac OS X are supported.  I found this out the hard way, after purchasing the router to find it only works with version OS X 10.4. Linksys business customer support was not helpful at all, and seemed unaware of this fact.

I later found this information from the v1.1.7 firmware release notes:

11. Virtual Passage supports Mac OS X 10.4.x (with Safari), Linux (with Firefox 2) and Windows 2000/XP/Vista (with Internet Explorer 6/7, Netscape Communicator 8, and Firefox 2.)

Meaning OS X 10.5 doesn't work, which is the version I had at the time.  10.5 was released in October 2007, and support for it has never been added.  I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for 10.6 support.