cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS "show policy-map interface" command

romeyrome
Level 4
Level 4

In IOS release 12.4(20)T and later the "show policy-map interface X" command no longer displays packets delayed and bytes delayed. Is there a new method to view the traffic shaping statistics?

I found this information at this link: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/qos/command/reference/qos_s4.html#wp1084023

12.4(20)T

This command was modified. Support was added for hierarchical queueing framework (HQF) using the Modular Quality of Service (QoS) Command-Line Interface (CLI) (MQC) and the packets delayed and the bytes delayed counters were removed for traffic shaping classes.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Romey,

I tried to look at command reference and HQF introduction but I couldn't find a new show for seeing shaping statistics.

however, if we look at examples reported in HQF introduction

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/qos/configuration/guide/qos_frhqf_support.html#wp1089229

Service-policy output: shape

Class-map: class-default (match-any)
      2203 packets, 404709 bytes
      30 second offered rate 74000 bps, drop rate 14000 bps
      Match: any
      Queueing
      queue limit 64 packets
      (queue depth/total drops/no-buffer drops) 64/354/0 
      (pkts output/bytes output) 1836/337280 
      shape (average) cir 128000, bc 1000, be 1000
      target shape rate 128000
        lower bound cir 0,  adapt to fecn 0

you can see that shaping information is still reported but in a different form, so sh policy-map int should still be the show to be used.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

amahendi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

With HQF, the QoS architecture changed - including that of shaping. Shaping is no longer based on the traditional token bucket algorithm and that's the reason why HQF codes do not have the packets delayed / bytes delayed statistics in the MQC output.

- Abhi

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Romey,

I tried to look at command reference and HQF introduction but I couldn't find a new show for seeing shaping statistics.

however, if we look at examples reported in HQF introduction

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/qos/configuration/guide/qos_frhqf_support.html#wp1089229

Service-policy output: shape

Class-map: class-default (match-any)
      2203 packets, 404709 bytes
      30 second offered rate 74000 bps, drop rate 14000 bps
      Match: any
      Queueing
      queue limit 64 packets
      (queue depth/total drops/no-buffer drops) 64/354/0 
      (pkts output/bytes output) 1836/337280 
      shape (average) cir 128000, bc 1000, be 1000
      target shape rate 128000
        lower bound cir 0,  adapt to fecn 0

you can see that shaping information is still reported but in a different form, so sh policy-map int should still be the show to be used.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

amahendi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

With HQF, the QoS architecture changed - including that of shaping. Shaping is no longer based on the traditional token bucket algorithm and that's the reason why HQF codes do not have the packets delayed / bytes delayed statistics in the MQC output.

- Abhi

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card