cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1130AG AP's Not Working!!!

Chris Alvarado
Level 1
Level 1

3 level building with 6 AP's. I'am 15 feet away from the nearest AP and keep losing signal with my 7925's. Wireless laptops are showing low connectivity bars. I will stand under or less then 3 feet and keep losing connectivity. All AP's are connected to a 3650 POE switch. Never had any problems like this until we upgraded AP's and controller. More recently the controller. We went from a 2006 series to a 2100 series. I have tried muliplte phones and laptops on all AP's. Please advise.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Check the power output on the APs. Ive seen where after upgrading RRM wasnt right and sent all aps to a power of  0...

Go wireless->>click 802.11b or A under radios and look at power level... what is it set to ?

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Kayle Miller
Level 7
Level 7

Can you provide more details on the setup?

Band Selections? Data Rates Enabled? Transmit Powers? Authentication Method? Encryption Types?

Thanks

Check the power output on the APs. Ive seen where after upgrading RRM wasnt right and sent all aps to a power of  0...

Go wireless->>click 802.11b or A under radios and look at power level... what is it set to ?

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

thanks for the rating ... I suppose that was your issue? Odd, cause i had the same issue and it put all my APs on the same channel too ...

I really do not know what the issue was. I changed some settings based on your questions you were asking and reset them. They worked all day today. However they just seem to intermittently stop working after a few days. I looked at the logs and it shows thousands of errors. I'am not a wireless guy so i do not know what to look for.

I also changed all the AP's Channel to 11 and it seems to be broadcasting better now.

What is the nature of the error messages? can you post them ...

Having all your APs on the same channel is not advisable. You should only use channels 1,6,11 and keep like channels spaced appropriately. Having them all on the same channel causes co-channel interference.

I have attached the most recent traps. A little over 900 of them. Let me know if you see any issues please.

these traps arent the ones i was looking for... You will not these are rogue aps etc .... Can you post the show run-config, not the show running-config ...

This config is ridiculously long.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card