cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRW2008 Serial Numbers

superstatman
Level 1
Level 1

I can get the serial numbers of my eleven SRW2008 switches through the management - but does anyone know of a way to get the serial numbers of the mini-gbics that are attached to the SRW2008 switches?

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4

wichilds
Level 4
Level 4

You will not be able to get these from the web interface of any piece of equipment.

There are 2 ways to get the S/N off of a mini-Gbic:

1. Remove the GBIC and find the S/N on a sticker attached to the bottom of the GBIC.

2. Locate the original box the GBIC came in. Look on the label (usually has a barcode) and record the S/N listed there.

Regards,

Bill

OK, thanks. I have eleven of these switches scattered around my campus, and I guess I will have to schedule a visit to each cottage.

Oops... forgot to ask about the other number.... is it possible thru web or other management to get the MAC address of the mini-gbics that are installed in the SRW2008?

Thanks again.

The gbics dont have mac addresses. They do have a FG number which is listed on the box.

Bill

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X