Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 Portal Problem

Edward Skrundz
Level 1
Level 1

When I try to access the Portal I get the login screen

and enter my username and password

and when I hit enter I get the following screen.

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /cwhp/LiaisonServlet on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

This is both remotely as well as on the server itself.  Can anybody point me in the right direction?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tomcat is taking too long to startup.  Is LMS installed on locally attached drives, or on a SAN?  What are the hardware specs of this server?  Try disabling anti-virus, and any other non-Windows, non-LMS services, then reboot, and see if LMS comes up then.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Post the output of the pdshow command from the server as well as screenshots of your Services control panel showing all of the CiscoWorks services.

I finaly saw the earlier post and reset the services to their original settings and rebooted the server but the CW Tomcat Servlet and the CW Web Server services never start.  So now I get a " page cannot be displayed" error when I try to connect.  I tried starting those two services and then accessing and got the "Forbidden" message again.

Post the NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/logs/stdout.log and stderr.log.

Here they are

I still think your services are wrong.  Post the screenshot I asked for previously.

Here is the screen shot

Set the Daemon Manager service to Manual, then reboot.  When the server comes back up, collect the output of the command "netstat -a -n -o -b", and post the NMSROOT/MDC/etc/regdaemon.xml, NMSROOT/lib/classpath/md.properties, and NMSROOT/MDC/Apache/logs/error.log files.

Here you go

Okay, now set the Daemon Manager service back to Automatic, then run:

net start crmdmgtd

Wait about 30 minutes, then collect the output of the following command:

pdreg -l Apache

Here is the output you requested.

C:\>pdreg -l Apache

Process      = Apache

Path         = D:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\MDC\Apache\bin\Apache.exe

Flags        = -d D:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\MDC\Apache -D SSL

Startup      = Started automatically at boot.

Dependencies = TomcatMonitor

This checks.  Hopefully you haven't manually started any services other than Daemon Manager.  If so, are you seeing the same problem (i.e. "page cannot be displayed")?  If so, post the new stdout.log and stderr.log (do NOT try starting Tomcat manually).  Also, look for any hs_err* files on the file system.  Post any you find.

Yes I am seeing the same problem (i.e. "page cannot be displayed").  Attaced are the files you requested, I could find any hs_err* files.

Tomcat is taking too long to startup.  Is LMS installed on locally attached drives, or on a SAN?  What are the hardware specs of this server?  Try disabling anti-virus, and any other non-Windows, non-LMS services, then reboot, and see if LMS comes up then.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: