cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

[ASK] Could WAAS promote duplicate mails received by users on remote site?

Charles_Chi4
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I wanna ask if WAAS deployment could cause duplicate mails received by users on remote sites. I just deploy WAAS 4.1 using hub and spoke topology with CORE using WAE-7341-K9 and the other sites (suffering duplicate mails) using WAVE-474-K9. So far there are 2 sites with 5 users experienced this kind of sympton.

My customer said that it never happened before WAAS deployed, and it happened randomly....

Thanks,

Charles Chia

3 Replies 3

Eric Rose
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you have any network flapping issue going on?

Are connection bypassing WAAS?

Check out

CSCsy99732
http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsy99732

Thanks

Eric

If this resolves your questions please mark as answered with a 5.

Hi Eric,

There's no network flapping issue at all. I just found that the WAAS on those sites having the same minor alarm severity information : "The TFO accelerator is overloaded (connection limit)"

Is there any other workaround than just restarting outlook client?

Hi Charles,

According to the bug id is seems that work is being done for a fix in 4.3. However I don't have any other detail except what is listed on that URL that I provided.

Another work around would be to possible eliminate some of the traffic from being optimized or adding additional devices for the additional load. This will remove the overload condition which is also a cause of this issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: