Helpful
Replies

LDAP max simultaneous connections

araudevain
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've got an Ironport C600 6.5.3-007

I set up one LDAP server profile with a maximum number of simultaneous connections of 50.

When I run a netstat command in CLI it appears to have 150 LDAP connexions established to the server.

Do you have any idea on why it doesn't display only 50?

Thank you

Arnaud

1 Reply 1

araudevain
Level 1
Level 1

I think I've got my answer, actually 3 out of 4 Ironport were still with the version 6.5.0. The one which is in 6.5.3 displays 52 connections.

Here is what I found in the release Note for the 6.5.3 update

Fixed: LDAP Connections Greatly Exceed the Maximum Specified in the LDAP Server Profile
Previously, LDAP connections greatly exceeded the maximum specified in the LDAP server
profile. For example, if you set the maximum LDAP connection to 10, then the system would
open 30 connections: 10 for the IronPort Spam Quarantine, 10 for the end-user quarantine,
and 10 for the end-user quarantine UI. The fix reduced end-user quarantine and end-user
quarantine UI connections to one each. Now, for example, if you set the maximum LDAP
connection to 10, then the system opens only 12 connections: 10 for the IronPort Spam
Quarantine, 1 for the end-user quarantine, and 1 for the end-user quarantine UI. Or if
external authentication is enabled, then the system opens 22 connections: 10 for external

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: